We aim to offer a warm welcome to everyone who comes to The Byre.
Here are a few of the ways we do that for you, your family and friends:
- We offer quality performances for children and families of all ages and abilities
- There’s plenty of space for prams and buggies
- We have a lift to take you between levels with your prams and buggies
- Baby changing facilities are available
- There’s a small but bright, unsupervised play area
- We don’t mind a wee bit of noise
- We are breast feeding friendly
- You can get child sized portions in our Café Bar
- Our staff are really nice and will do everything possible to help
If you are affected by dementia, we are a dementia friendly venue and work closely with our colleagues at the University of St Andrews to continually develop this aspect of what we do. You can find more information about this initiative here.
We have recently undergone Autism Awareness training with Autism Scotland and are working to improve the visitor experience for autistic people. We are also programming relaxed events. If you are interested in coming to these – please call us on 01334 475 000 and we will send you information when it is available.